Pages


Clockwork Angel Countdown

Monday, May 17, 2010

Disaster or Absolutely Brilliant?

You all may have heard the rumors by now. If not, well, I'm here to tell you the news. So you may have read the book Beastly and if not, well it doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that the twisted modern fairy tale is becoming a movie with many changes from the original script. For example, Kyle isn't a beast, as in hairy, instead he's a scarred, tattooed, and bald guy. What a disappointment. They should have at least kept the beast the beast!



Everyone loves Kyle Kingsbury, as he is the kind of guy every girl daydreams about while in class. He's kind, good-looking, intelligent, sensitive, and romantic, so who and how exactly were they able to find a guy that was able to, or at least act the part? This is where the ever rising star of fame Alex Pettyfer comes in. Yes, the Alex Rider star is playing the part of Kyle Kingsbury. I mean, how could he not get the part? He's talented, good-looking and sorry but exactly how did he get the part? I know all you girls out there are probably asking yourselves, "How can this girl disagree with Alex Pettyfer, one of the most gorgeous guys out there, playing the part of Kyle Kingsbury?" Well, the reason is, I don't think he has all that great of a personality. Have any of you seen his interviews? I'll change my mind about Alex playing Kyle if I ever meet him in person and he proves that he does not indeed have a spoiled personality.



Moving on to the sensitive, shy Ms. Linda Owens[Beauty]. She described as not beautiful(but to Kyle it's another story), with strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, and supposedly crooked teeth. Guess who she's played by and I must say I am rather more than just a little disappointed in who they chose for the part. Vanessa Hudgens. I'm not kidding. Vanessa Hudgens, the black haired, brown eyed, High School Musical actress, is playing a fair skinned red head. I never particularly cared for High School Musical, let alone Vanessa Hudgens, so why is she playing Linda? It ruins everything! I'm hoping that most of you out there agree with me in saying, "Vanessa Hudgens is not fit to play Linda". Am I right?



A list of the other actors and actresses playing the part of some other characters:
The Witch/Kendra Hilferty:
Mary-Kate Olsen
Rob Kingsbury:
Peter Krause
Sloan:
Dakota Johnson
Trey:
Eric Knudsen
Will Fratalli:
Neil Patrick Harris
Daniel Owens:
Roc LaFortune



So will this be turn out to be an amazing movie or will it just be a big disappointment for all Beastly lovers out there?



Comes to theatres July 30, 2010.


1 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally agree. The LEAST the could have done was make the beast look like the Beast. That or get rid of Vanessa...jeeze.