Pages


Clockwork Angel Countdown

Friday, February 19, 2010

Nanowrimo Rocks!


Nanowrimo. Or shall I say National Novel Writing Month. One of my favorite contest-like-things I've ever done! If you've never heard of it then you're a complete loser and destined to die a harsh and everlasting death. Okay, just kidding about that last sentence but I was completely serious of what I wrote before. It's one of the best! Well, I suppose if you're one of those people that all you do is write, then it's the thing for you.

Every November, Nanowrimo comes back into play for all those booknerds, writing freaks, and for weird people who likes absolutely everything, but hates it all. What it is, is a writing program where you have to write a novel in one month for everyone 12 and up and since I'm you know, old enough, I was able to do it. And do you want to know the great thing about it? Anybody can win when they have completed the word limit. And the word limit isn't even that big! The word limit is only 50,000 words aka 175 pages! See, not bad at all!

Okay, maybe it is a lot. In fact, last november was my first year doing the thing and I...didn't make it. Such a shame. But it was difficult I tell you! I only got to 59 pages of a story I didn't even end up liking! But in a way it was an accomplishment because I fell in love with writing even more and 59 pages was the most I have ever written for a story. But this year I will be doing it again and hopefully surpass the limit!

The people of nanowrimo give you writing tips and hold nanowrimo events where the people in your area who also do nanowrimo meet at a bookstore, library, cafe, or a similar place to talk about what you're writing and get other people's opinions. And the nanowrimo website sells these awesome sweatshirts and mugs with nanowrimo on it and all sorts of cool sayings! It's like a big bonus I say!

In case you're wanting to know, if you win you get a certificate and can get your book published without having to get an agent and sell it on amazon. Or if you don't want to do that you can get one copy published for you and you only. Yes, nice isn't it?

It's a great event and I think all you writers should try it, just for the fun of it!
Want to check it out? http://www.nanowrimo.org/
My nanowrimo user: deamberrocks

0 comments: