Pages


Clockwork Angel Countdown

Monday, February 15, 2010

Rain


There's something about rain I love. Something about it that makes me smile, dream, and wish. Others might find rain dreary and cold, but not me.

I may go out sometimes and just sit there in the rain, or sometimes even begin to spin beneath it, smiling. It gives me a refreshed feeling, like everything I ever did that wasn't the greatest or I regreted was cleansed away from my soul. I could start over new.

I see rain as a chance to be able to create wonderful things, or to write a great story by the window and every once in a while lean my head back against it and just listen to the sounds of the rain hitting the windowsill and ground, drop after drop.

Then there's the dreaming. The rain makes me dream of such wonderful things and I never go to stop imagining until the rain takes my dreams along with it.

Only, there is a sadness that comes with the price of a moment of peace and happiness within the rain. That is after the rain is carried away. Everything is back to normal. Traffic can be heard along with its honking and tire sliding, babies can be heard crying, once again the smell of pollution can be smelt, and people may once more carry out their crimes.

And although everything else does not sound so swell after the rain has gone, the rain has left something for us all. Hope. Hope that the sound of rain and feeling of rain on your arms will come once more. Hope for people with only tragedy in their lives. Hope for the chance when all bad things are washed away. Hope...for everything to one day, be changed for the better.

The rain is my comfort.

5 comments:

Emily Strebe said...

Amber this is amazing and I love it. The truth behind this is amazing. Keep it up kid.

Pamcakes said...

I LOVE the rain!! That's one of the best parts of living in Washington! Good luck with your English project, I'll check back in from time to time to see what other insights I can glean :)
Sister Shane

a quiet life said...

thanks for visiting my blog, yes all pics are my own~ LOVE the name of your blog ;-)

j said...

My favorite part of rain is the moments just before it starts. I like the smell in the air and I like the "threat" in the clouds. Those first few fat drops of rain are wonderful!

This was really well written Amber!

Randomanda said...

I agree. I think that rain is one of the most beautiful things. There is something about the smell of rain.. the wet pavement, and the dark looming clouds that thrill the soul. I remember my grandma telling me that rain doesnt fall on the same place twice. I spent so much time testing this theory but who really know. One of the things I miss most about Sierra Vista were the monsoons. The clouds rolling in, the pouring rain, and the thunder and lightning filling the sky with my dad's voice in my head counting the seconds between strikes to see how far away it was.
The house that I am living in right now over looks all of Provo and has a backdrop of these beast mountains. One night I sat there and watched as a storm passed in front of me. It was phenomenal.

I like your writing Amber. But you know that. You have a good voice.